Thursday, July 24, 2008

I wanted the Joker to win

Heath Ledger was that good in the new batman flick. I was so taken in with his portrayal of the Joker that I don't even remember much about the plot or if Christian Bale was any good as the Batman. I went on opening night and the hype surrounding the show was clearly evident. The theater was packed and it seemed to me that everyone was there for the sole purpose of seeing what kind of tricks the Joker had in store. He did not dissapoint. When the Joker was on the screen I was completely caught up in his world. I didn't care what else was going on in the movie. In truth, the movie was dark and long and if there was some moral message, I just didn't care. For me the main reason you should go to this movie is to expirience the Joker. It was so terrifing that it made me smile.

4 comments:

Meg said...

That picture is so scary I am now certain that I will never see that movie. But I am glad that you like it!

Erin said...

Jack Nickelson's Joker was creepy in a cartoon kind of way - he did a great job and my dad still quotes those one liners from time to time. Heath Ledger's version though was pure evil - a true villain. I really felt uneasy in the pit of my stomach watching him becuase of how evil he was. Claudia, Adam and I were able to make a lot of interesting gosple paralells to Satan and his tricks after watching that movie...

Misty Anderson said...

Yikes! Where are the pics of the family???? We fell upon your blog!
Hope your all doing well

blisster said...

Hey Chris, I found you on Misty's facebook's link to her blog:). I like your site, very cool. Does your band still play? Is that Kate on here? I've wondered how you guys are doing. It was fun to find ...milkus, what does that mean?:) anyway, take care brother